At STAR Institute we understand that sensory processing differences are central to the autistic experience. All staff at STAR Institute are highly trained in Sensory Integration therapy, DIR/Floortime, and ASCERTS. We offer the following strengths-based and respectful services for individuals on the autism spectrum.
Occupational Therapy Services
- Evaluation of sensory processing specific to early & middle childhood, adolescence & adulthood.
- Age-appropriate intervention for sensory processing & integration through the lifespan.
- Parent coaching & education because caregivers are the most important part of the child's team.
- Adult & Adolescent specific services.
- iLs listening therapy (Total Focus Systems).
- Safe and Sound Protocol - an auditory intervention designed to reduce stress and auditory sensitivity.
Speech and Language Services
- Evaluation of speech and language development & auditory processing screening.
- Treatment for articulation, expressive & social language challenges, apraxia of speech & more.
- Development of social pragmatic skills.
- Voice Pro auditory processing therapy via voice-ear feedback loop (iLS).
- Groups for all ages based around shared interests & focused on helping people enjoy people, building social confidence & developing sense-of-self.
- Bike camps, trampoline group, interactive board game based and role-playing games groups, cooking group, School Readiness, CREW and more.
- Developmental- holistic- feeding evaluations through the life span.
- Support for lactation & early feeding.
- Feeding treatment through the life span & for the whole family.
- DIR/Floortime-based Play Therapy & Play Coaching.
- Executive Function strategies, family work, and education.
- Diagnostic child & adolescent Autism evaluations, including second opinion and re-diagnosis.
- Adult specific Autism evaluations.