Attend STAR Institute’s FREE Community Workshop Series for parents and caregivers! Learn from experienced STAR Institute staff as they dive into various topics to increase family understanding and quality of life.
Food in Schools
March 13, 2020 • 12:00-2:00 pm (MT)
6911 S. Yosemite St.
Centennial, CO 80112
Join Rachel Balderrama, MEd, Lauren Esparza, MEd, CCC-SLP, and Mary Beth Long, OTD, OTR/L as they address concerns expressed by parents about lunchtime at school.
- Identify sensory challenges during school meals
- Gain strategies to deal with time limitations at lunch
- Learn ways to collaborate with your child’s school to better support them at mealtimes
Space is limited!
RSVP to MaryBeth.Long@spdstar.org to reserve your place in person
Unable to attend in person? Register here to access the Livestream and/or Recording
Recordings of past topics are accessible online through SPD University:
- Simple Strategies for Supporting Friendships
- Hide and Seek: The Value of Developmental Play
- Maintaining Balance: Parent Child Sensory Co-Regulation
- Similarities, Differences and Overlap of Sensory Processing Disorder, Autism Spectrum Disorder, and ADHD
Register here to access if you haven't done so previously