Do you want to work with children, adolescents and adults in the premier center specializing in sensory processing issues?
Professional positions at STAR Institute offer an opportunity to join a close-knit established team that provides a learning, growing community with specialized training for all staff.
The STAR Institute team practices a rich, multidisciplinary clinical approach with supervision from Dr. Lucy Jane Miller and Dr. Sarah A. Schoen. We incorporate a strong parent education component with a focus on improving life for the family as well as the child. We are reknown for our sensory integration treatment and our treatment model is founded on arousal regulation and engagement, attunement and relationship building.
We are deeply committed to research and advanced education. Our state-of-the-art facility provides access to the latest research in Sensory Processing Disorder which our therapists utilize to develop the most effective and innovative clinical intervention anywhere.
We are always accepting applications for current or future consideration. If we do not have a current opening, we will contact you when a position becomes available.
STAR Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
There are no current openings.
This intern will be working directly with the Shared Services Center at STAR Institute. The internship will focus on the promotion, marketing, advertising and publicity of all educational programs and our four events including our golf tournament, banquet, children’s playground event, and VIP appreciation reception. This internship is based at STAR Institute in the tech center just off I-25 and Belleview. This multi-tasking internship provides an overview of the many things that go on internally at the STAR Institute in our marketing and events department. The intern will experience business life and see first-hand what it takes to operate the day-to-day marketing business side of a non-profit organization. Being able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously is a must.
Strengths must include and are not limited to the following:
- Excel Spread Sheets
- Microsoft Word
- Personable on the phone
- Experience with or a desire to work events
- Advanced working knowledge of Facebook, Twitter and other Social Media
- Microsoft Outlook
- Strong office and administrative skills
- Strong writing skills
- Organizational skills
- Strong oral and analytical skills are a must
- Excellent customer service
- Detail oriented
- Ability to handle multiple projects
- Street smarts are also quite important
- Intern must be able to provide his/her own laptop computer
- Daily tasks may include and are not limited to the following:
- Day to day office work, responding to e-mails and returning phone inquiries
- Social media marketing – Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and others
- Working on completion of the details of the events and coordination with other staff
- Set up and take down of the events
- Coordinate outside services related to events, such as entertainers, caterers, florists, etc.
- Expanding database
- Marketing mailings
- Working with Communications Manager, Marketing Manager, and Events Manager to coordinate details for events, educational programs, and marketing campaigns
- Writing newsletter, e-blasts, etc.
At the end of the internship, the interns will have been given a realistic taste of what it takes to run the marketing and events side of our business. Training is ongoing and in all likelihood each meeting and each day is debriefed (informally) looking for all applicable marketing related business lessons.
Often, the intern will be asked to formulate his/her ideas and present them to the team for feedback, training, and then direction. It is also a goal to give the intern(s) autonomy to work on matters fairly independently on projects during the course of the internship.
Our internships are non-paying for the actual internship aspect, some students opting for the experience, some others wanting credit. Either is acceptable to us. School has to come first, we would like to set up a fairly regular schedule though, either parts of three days a week or when you might not have classes on a particular day. We are targeting about 15-20 hours a week per intern, but are flexible in this regard. The internship is for the 2015 Winter and Spring semester with opportunities to extend.
Helpful (but not required): Interest in the non-profit industry, SPD, and children with special needs.
Salary: Unpaid Internship/Credit possible per school policies
How to Apply:
Please electronically submit to email@example.com:
1) a letter of interest (including schedule of availability),
2) a resume,
3) a list of pertinent coursework, and
4) three references. Please use "Marketing and Events Internship" for the subject line. Interviews will be scheduled as soon as possible on an ongoing basis.
Inquiries without the complete list of these items unfortunately will not be considered.