STAR Institute and disABILITY Works are proud to offer the Life Planning Workshop: a working session and opportunity to work with legal and financial advisors to complete a suddenly in charge handbook creating a snapshot for your life. This will outline essentials steps, medications, therapists, schedules, emergency contacts, and key facts for a smooth process with your child. This is a critical step in your emergency preparedness for any family with loved ones with disabilities in assisting someone who may need to step into your shoes on a temporary or permanent basis.
The full 2-day workshop includes:
- Legal Documents Needed
- Financial Planning & Protection
- Legal & Financial Coordination
- Public Benefit Planning
- IEPs & 504s
- Transition Planning
- Caregiver guidebook completion
One on One Consultations for the following:
- 4 hours of personal financial consultation – with outline of preliminary recommendations
- 2 hours legal review consultation – including course of action for your situation
Laura A. Mathews, Attorney-Estate & Disability Planning-Elder Law
Emily Patton, Financial Advisor – Disability Financial Planning
Day One - February 7, 2019
9:00 AM-9:45 AM Legal Discussion
9:45 AM-10:00 AM Legal Q&A/Break
10:00 AM-10:45 AM Financial Coordination
10:45 AM-11:00 AM Financial Q&A/Break
11:00 AM-11:45 AM Public Benefits
11:45 AM-12:00 PM Public Benefits Q&A
Day Two - February 8, 2019
9:00 AM-9:45 AM IEPs & 504s
9:45 AM-10:00 AM Break
10:00 AM-10:45 AM Transitions Planning Overview
10:45 AM-11:00 AM Workshop Q&A
11:00 AM-12:00 PM Caregiver Guidebook
Full 2-Day Workshop: $850 per person (or per 2-person family)
1 Day Only: $595 per person (or per 2-person family)
With every disAbility Works LLC family workshop, the following items are offered at no additional charge for your additional family needs.
Included as a part of your full 2 day workshop: 6 Hours of Professional services (not available to single day participants):
- Up to 2 hours, one on one, legal review of your current documents and situation with a lawyer currently practicing in disability planning.
- In your legal review, completion of a parental delegation for your child with disabilities.
- Up to 2, one on one, 2 hour sessions with a chartered special needs consultant financial advisor to provide you with a full review of your personal situation and a game plan of steps you can take to coordinate your legal and financial documents and secure the future for your family.
- Courtesy Insurance review
- Courtesy Wealth Management Oversight review
**To make the most efficient use of your personal time and in order for the advisor and/or the attorney to be fully prepared for your one on one meetings, completion of the above items will require information be given to the attorney and/or advisor at least 2 weeks prior to your scheduled meeting.
**Personal one on one meetings must be scheduled during the workshop. As a professional courtesy to everyone, workshop one on one meetings are not necessarily available for reschedule.
Services at an additional fee:
- Custom Estimate of the costs for your unique disability situation from today through end of life care
- Comprehensive Financial Planning* (discounted by the entire cost of your workshop)
- Cash Flow Strategy Planning
- Preparation of full legal documents or missing items in your legal plan coordinated with a financial advisor
- Medicaid and SSI application professional services
- Single day participants only: One on One, up to 3 hour, Legal or Financial consultation, $400.00 fee
Average Price range for independent services you may need:
Legal Review: $600-$1,500
IEP Services: $600-$1,000
Public Benefit Planning: $1,000-$3,000
Transition Plan: $500
The above price ranges include advice only and no action taken on behalf of the advisor
Comprehensive Financial Plan: $2,500-$5,000
Letter of Intent/Caregiver Guidebook: $500
Total Potential out of pocket range with independently contracted services: $5,700-$11,500
All cost reflected here are average ranges and prices for all services can vary widely depending on your personal professional and their independent fee schedules.
=$850.00 flat rate vs. up to $11,500