STAR Institute invites you to organize, support or attend a Sensation Celebration event to raise awareness of sensory challenges and funds in support of SPD research, education and advocacy. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details or to volunteer.
We are utilizing ColoradoGives.org: an online resource for Colorado-based non-profits like ours whose mission is to "improve quality of life by increasing community generosity and involvement." ColoradoGives.org makes it very easy to collect donations for fundraising by allowing you to create your own customized, online fundraising page no matter where you live. You can find instructions for creating your own fundraising campaign on ColoradoGives.org and more details and tools below.
Organizers can plan a walk-a-thon, fun-run, community walk or any type of fundraising/awareness event they choose. Or, if you just don't have the time to organize a community event, then just set up your own personal fundraising page, gather pledges and go take a walk yourself, maybe inviting your family and friends to join you! All you need are your walking shoes and a desire to see research for Sensory Processing Disorder continue.
Organizers are encouraged to schedule their Sensation Celebration events during National Sensory Awareness month in October, but are free to hold their events any time if a different month is more suitable in their area.
Ready to join the Sensation Celebration team? The following materials are provided to help you organize a successful Sensation Celebration event.
Sensation Celebration: Organizer Information
- Example Events
- Planning checklist
- Sponsor solicitation letter - SAMPLE (Can be used with sponsorship donation form)
- Fundraising before your event
- Publicity - Tips for getting local media
- Press release - SAMPLE
- Sensation Celebration Event Report (to send to STAR Institute)
- "Wall of Fame" flyer - SAMPLE to use in soliciting your own from local parents
- Calendar Item - SAMPLE
- ColoradoGives.org Custom Fundraising Page
- Sign-in sheet
- Fundraising during your event
- Donation form
- Cash and check donation form
- Sponsorship donation form
- Help Us Help: Support opportunities
- Do you know me? - A child's-eye view of SPD symptoms
- Do You Know Me? (Spanish version - ¿Me Conoces?)
- Special Membership Benefits
- Red Flags of SPD
- Red Flags of SPD (Spanish Version - Alerta Roja para Determinar el Trastorno de Procesamiento Sensoria)
- Poem – The Misunderstood Child
- STAR Institute: Vision, mission, what we know and what we do about SPD