STAR Institute for Sensory Processing Disorder and Temple University have collaborated to provide a route to proficiency credentials in Sensory Processing for Occupational Therapists.
- Differential diagnosis of the subtypes of Sensory Processing Disorder
- Selection and use of tools appropriate for evaluation of SPD in children
- Ability to analyze and synthesize information from evaluation tools to direct intervention processes for SPD
- Knowledge of basic principles of the STAR PROCESS Treatment Model: procedural elements, therapeutic principles, and parent education
- Ability to identify functional outcomes associated with evaluation results while simultaneously addressing family needs and desires
- Utilization of clinical reasoning to develop intervention and adaptations for SPD based on the STAR PROCESS
- Ability to facilitate meaningful engagement of family in intervention and family participation in the goal development processes
- Ability to synthesize information from evaluation and use of clinical reasoning to formulate a clear, concise evaluation report and treatment note
Participants must complete both STAR Institute's Level 1 Intensive Mentorship program (on-site, off-site, or hybrid option) and Temple University's Sensory Processing Disorder Level 1 online course within 3 years to earn the SPD ProCert 1 credential.
STAR Institute's Level 1 Intensive
Click here to learn more about the programs
Temple University's Sensory Processing
Click here to learn more about the program
Benefits of the SPD ProCert 1 Credential
- Gain recognition as a specially trained SPD clinician by the world's premiere Sensory Processing research, treatment, and education center.
- Advertise your training in SPD with an SPD ProCert 1 badge to put on your website.
- Get listed as a credentialed SPD professional in STAR Institute's treatment directory.
- Earn up to 62 Continuing Education contact hours (6.2 AOTA CEUs) by completing each element.