Donate to the STAR Institute Treatment Center Scholarship Fund!
Sensory Processing Disorder (SPD) affects more than 1 in 10 children.
- That’s one child in every classroom
- That’s between 4 and 12 million children less than 18 years old
- That’s 1 to 3 million children less than 5 years of age
Your support of a scholarship will:
- Instill self-confidence in a child
- Open doors for children where they are now closed
- Build skills in our next generation of leaders
- Help a child struggling with basic sensory functioning
- Improve the life of a family
STAR Institute Scholarships provide financial aid to families seeking answers for their children with Sensory Processing Disorder (SPD), and other sensory challenges related to Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and other behavioral and developmental disabilities.
Scholarships support therapy at the STAR Institute Treatment Center, the premier treatment clinic for these disorders, and with an unsurpassed track record.
The Scholarship Process
STAR Institute is proud to offer a scholarship program. We understand the sacrifices our families make for their children to have therapy services at the STAR Institute. Over one-third come from out-of-state which creates additional transportation and living costs.
Our financial aid committee takes its responsibility very seriously. We strive to ensure a fair and equitable process for all families who apply. Scholarship amounts are based on eligibility and financial need.
Financial aid will be considered for those who have been accepted into the STAR Institute treatment program this involves completing an intake form and an intake interview. Other criteria that is taken into consideration includes:
- Income cannot exceed $100,000 and income combined with assets cannot exceed $1,000,000
- Parent(s) agree to fully participate in therapy
- Parent(s) agree to participate in parent surveys upon completion of treatment
- Parent(s) must agree to the terms of the agreement
Financial need and SPD as a presenting issue are the primary factor the committee uses to determine scholarships. Also important are unique family and individual circumstances. Some donors have specified that scholarships be given in certain areas, and these may enhance the opportunity for scholarships. Currently these include military families, families with financial need and families from Arizona.
Applications are being accepted for fall of 2017. Applications are reviewed monthly by the committee. Applications submitted by the last day of each month will be reviewed and a response from the committee will be sent by the end of the following month. Please allow enough time before scheduling therapy.
STAR Institute uses a nationally recognized service, TADS, to process financial aid applications. Please note that TADS primarily serves schools with this service and so when they use the word “tuition aid” it is actually “financial aid” for STAR Institute treatment. TADS applies standardization criteria to determine to what extent each family needs assistance to pay for a treatment program. STAR Institute’s Scholarship committee uses information from the TADS process to allocate the amount of the financial aid available. The TADS Financial Aid Worksheet below, is designed to assist in completing the application. A one time application fee of $34 is required at the the time of application.
A few things to know when completing your financial aid application:
- Reported household income must include the income from all adults who are living in the home or contribute to living expenses.
- Reported income must be that of the household in which the child resides, including any additional support from other parties.
- The financial aid award or the ability to qualify may be affected if both adults in a two-parent household are employable but one is not working (all children being of school age).