Learn from experts and others involved with planning, designing and managing play environments how to develop more inclusive and functional play areas for users of ALL ages and ALL abilities.
This unique cross-discipline video course shares evidence-based lectures by our expert speakers, Lucy Jane Miller, PhD, OTR/L, Gregory Miller, PLA, FASLA, Sandra Schefkind, OTD, OTR/L, FAOTA, Ingrid M. Kanics, OTR/L and John McConkey, set the stage for lively group discussions about analyzing and meeting the needs for diverse populations, building a community of practice, and strategic planning to create functional and meaningful play spaces for children of ALL ages and abilities. In addition viewers will learn how to create collaborative partnerships and build a plan of action to make a difference in their community.
Occupational therapists, landscape architects, city planners, parks & recreation professionals, and play space designers came together in roundtable discussions throughout the day, making connections and plans to make a real difference by developing more fun and functional parks and play spaces in their own communities.
What you'll get from this online course:
- Interdisciplinary collaboration between OT, Landscape architects and playground equipment designers to enhance play experiences and accessibility for children of varying ages and needs
- Enhanced understanding of roles of OT, landscape architects, recreation specialists, play equipment designers in playground projects and how they can influence each other and project outcomes
- Resources and action plans for getting involved in play space development as an individual or organization
- Pathways for developing interdisciplinary communities of practice around projects
- Broaden recognition of multiple factors that support successful play in outdoor settings
Thank you to everyone who helped make the Play for ALL! Conference such a success!