Our "hybrid" version of the Level 1 Mentorship program provides the foundational course information online through SPD University. Participants may then opt to attend a 2-day In-Person Course within 2 years to receive a Certificate of Completion and full CEUs.
Online Course Content:
11 hours of recorded course content is available online through SPD University. Completion of this content is a required prerequisite for attending the 2-Day In-Person portion of the program. Online Course Content Includes:
- Background information on sensory processing from Dr. Lucy Jane Miller
Frame of Reference:
- Even when the primary focus of intervention is sensory, the STAR Frame of Reference advocates for a continuous assessment of regulation, and relationships, in the context of mutable environments, social-emotional development, and attention
Subtypes of SPD:
- A complete introduction and overview of each of the Subtypes of SPD
- Sensory Modulation Disorder
- Sensory Discrimination Disorder
- Overview of standardized assessments: Understanding standards scoring systems and "growth scales" based on Rasch measurement
- Use of Goal Attainment Scaling and other standardized outcome measures that participants can use in their settings to evaluate treatment effectiveness
- An overview of SPD research from STAR Institute and the SPD Scientific Work Group
Online Content Portion ONLY ($519*)
STAR Institute for SPD is an AOTA Approved Provider of continuing education. The assignment of AOTA CEUs does not imply endorsement of specific course content, products, or clinical procedures by AOTA.
11 Professional Contact Hours (1.1 AOTA CEUs) are awarded for completion of the Hybrid Level 1 Mentorship online content portion. Participants seeking to receive a Certificate of Completion and credential certificate documenting completion of this specialized training in SPD must attend an 2-Day In Person course within 2 years of online content completion.