Our "hybrid" version of the Level 1 Mentorship program provides the foundational course information through STAR's Online Learning platform. Participants may then opt to attend a 2-day In-Person or Live-streamed Course within 2 years to receive a Certificate of Completion and full AOTA CEUs.
Online Course Content:
11 hours of recorded course content will be made available online through STAR's Online Learning platform and is a required prerequisite for attending the 2-Day In-Person or Live-streamed portion of the program. This includes:
- Background information on sensory processing from Dr. Lucy Jane Miller
Frame of Reference:
- Even when the primary focus of intervention is sensory, the STAR Frame of Reference advocates for a continuous assessment of regulation, and relationships, in the context of mutable environments, social-emotional development, and attention
Subtypes of SPD:
- A complete introduction and overview of each of the Subtypes of SPD
- Sensory Modulation Disorder
- Sensory Discrimination Disorder
- Overview of standardized assessments: Understanding standards scoring systems and "growth scales" based on Rasch measurement
- Use of Goal Attainment Scaling and other standardized outcome measures that participants can use in their settings to evaluate treatment effectiveness
- An overview of SPD research from STAR Institute and the SPD Scientific Work Group
Online Content Portion ONLY ($519)
STAR Institute is an AOTA Approved Provider of continuing education. The assignment of AOTA CEUs does not imply endorsement of specific course content, products, or clinical procedures by AOTA.
11 Professional Contact Hours (1.1 AOTA CEUs) are awarded for completion of the Hybrid Level 1 Mentorship online content portion. Participants seeking to receive a Certificate of Completion and credential certificate documenting completion of this specialized training in SPD must attend a 2-Day In Person or Live-streamed course within 2 years of online content completion.
STAR Institute for SPD is accredited by The Occupational Therapy Association of South Africa (OTASA) to provide CEUs for both the online and live portions of the Hybrid Level 1 Mentorship program. Professionals registered with the HPCSA (Health Professional Council of South Africa) will be eligible for these CPUs.
OTASA Accreditation number: AOCP001/3250/05/2020
CEUs Clinical: 11 CEUs, HPCSA Level 1